Our client is a leading AJ100 practice based in Clerkenwell and currently looking for an experienced Architectural Technologist to join them, primarily working on large-scale Residential and Education.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Project Architect and all project team members you will be required to support the development of the design from Concept through to Completion on projects.
- Ensure that an attractive functional building performs successfully whilst utilizing the correct materials and appropriate regulations are met.
- Contribute to Building Regulation, code requirements and other regulatory applications and procedures.
- Prepare NBS specifications
- Understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset.
- Evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues.
- Contribute to Planning, Building Regulation and other regulatory applications and procedures.
- Lead the detailed design process and coordinating design information within the BIM environment (Revit/Navisworks) and assist in the production of detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used.
Essential Skills required (in no particular order):
- Degree in Architectural Design Technology or similar
- Experience in tender and construction package production within Revit software
- Advanced knowledge of detailed technical design and construction methods.
- Understanding of UK regulation and code requirements
- Proficient in Revit including Content Creation
- Experience working on medium and large scale projects
- Experience with developing NBS specifications
- Excellent organisation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Ability to research and maintain updated technical skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Dedicated team player
- Experience of working with NBS Building and/or Create
- Understanding of suite of PAS standards and/or ISO19650
- Experience of utilizing CDE’s such as Aconex/Asite
- Experience of using InDesign
Salary: £37-45,000 but could be higher for the right, experienced, candidate