9B is currently recruiting for an employee-owned business based in West London who are looking for a Senior Architectural Technologist or Technical Architect to start at short notice.
The office works across the fields of Architecture, Building Surveying and Project Management and the majority of their projects are within the educational sector. They however are also actively working on a wide range of projects across different sectors primarily in London and the South-East.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produce detailed design drawings and associated documentation for tender and construction issue;
- Write and manage building specification documents (using NBS Building software);
- Active involvement in the project site stage for both Traditional and Design & Build projects;
- BIM Level 2 Compliant modelling, management and coordination (using Autodesk REVIT software);
- Providing technical design and product specification expertise and support to the team throughout all project works stages (from feasibility through to completion);
- Help to mentor the junior / less technically experienced members of the team.
Candidates will need the following skills and experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Architectural Technology and a professional qualification (ACIAT / MCIAT) or ARB Registered Architect;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience post professional qualification;
- Production of complete Technical Design packages suitable for tender issue, construction issue;
- Exemplary detailing and overall technical design skills;
- Extensive knowledge of the current building regulations and appropriate British Standards;
- Excellent REVIT and AutoCAD proficiency;
- First-hand experience of working to BIM Level 2 Compliance;
- Previous experience in a BIM Management / Coordination role would be advantageous;
- Experience in writing NBS Specifications (using NBS Building Software);
- A capable project leader with strong organizational skills;
- A keen interest in sustainable design techniques and knowledge of BREEAM and The London Plan;