Our client is a well-established practice that’s looking for an assistant Building Surveyor to join their team of architects and heritage consultants in Bristol. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a wide range of important and complex projects involving historic buildings and structures. They are looking for someone with a passion for working on historic buildings who is a natural team player and capable of assisting with the delivering of condition surveys to a high standard and to deadlines.
The main purpose of the role would be to assist in the provision of the building surveying services relating to the improvement, maintenance and repair of historic buildings and structures.
Qualifications, Accreditations, Memberships:
- Essential: Recently graduated from a degree formally accredited and recognised by the RICS, or nearing completion of these studies.
- Knowledge of historic buildings
- Ability to observe, analyse and accurately record building defects
- Ability to manage time and resources within a commercial context
- Knowledge of building decay processes, both non-intrusive and intrusive investigation and repair techniques
- Good time management skills and independent team worker
- Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills
- The ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to receive and record information accurately, in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to contribute to and support the work of other members of the team
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work at height
- Occasional overnight stays away from home and out-of-hours working may be required.