Our client in an AJ100 practice in south London currently looking for a document controller. Candidates should have the following experience:
- Document controlling experience
- Be confident in using a range of FTP sites/servers such as Aconex, Asite, Conject, 4Projects, Procore
- Prior understanding and knowledge of the construction industry is highly desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- General computer and admin skills
- Excellent written and numerical skills together with an articulate and diplomatic manner
Duties and responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage all incoming and outgoing drawings and technical documents issued via a range of external & internal FTP sites/servers
- Save all incoming and outgoing drawing and document files to the network using FA’s clear and concise file-naming process.
- Liaise with project architects to manage and control the numbering, filing, sorting, issuing and retrieving of electronic/hard copy documentation all in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Supersede old electronic and hard copy consultant and sub-contractor drawings with new revisions. This ensures that everyone is working from the most up-to-date drawings.
- Provide information and advice on document control procedures all project architects ensuring the team comply with FA’s standard filing protocols for numbering and saving documents, formal drawings, sketches, schedules and specifications.
- Maintaining and policing the filing system. Keep filing code reference document up to date.