This award-winning architecture and design practice based in Shoreditch is currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the team. They work with high-profile clients and have completed many interesting and challenging projects across a variety of sectors.
As Financial Manager you will be responsible for the financial management of the business, from budgeting and forecasting through to credit control and cash management, as well as working closely with the Directors and Associates to help monitor and improve project profitability.
- Monthly Management Accounts - produce management accounts, cash flow and income forecasts and project analysis to report to Board on a monthly basis.
- CMAP - Monitor their project management system software (CMAP) and have quarterly reviews (working closely with the Director of Operations) on each of their ongoing projects with the project managers to ensure their data is accurate.
- Monthly Payroll - Responsible for processing payroll and organising and monitoring company schemes such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work.
- Business insurances - Responsible for managing both business and employee insurances, including office insurances, health insurance, income insurance etc., as well as the company pension scheme.
- End of year audit - Work closely with the auditors to oversee the year end audit and advise the board on accounting adjustments that are needed.
- Oversee the finance assistant to ensure monthly invoices are sent in a timely manner, payments are authorised as required etc.
Adhoc tasks include:
- Assist in ensuring that employment HR/finance issues are monitored and responded to appropriately, such as tax issues with working aboard, visas and sponsorship.
- Deal with any tax HMRC issues and Companies House including VAT, Plld, PSA, Student Loans and Companies House updates.
- Provide easy to understand financial quarterly update and information to the Employee Council and to all staff in a monthly staff meeting.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant-ACCA, CIMA, ACA
- Preferable experience within architecture, construction or design industry
- Strong experience of using finance technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Commercially minded and able to interpret data and provide insightful commentary.
- Ability to communication effectively and build strong rapport.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Experience with Xero, CMAP and Sage Payroll would be an advantage