Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist in primary care estate, delivering asset management services to a portfolio of 14 LIFT Companies across the UK and managing over 70 primary and community care buildings nationally, working with GPs, Integrated Care Systems (ICS), NHS partners and the wider public sector.
They are looking for a Graduate/Assistant Project Manager (or Building Surveyor) to join their team to assist with the delivery of variations to the existing LIFT estate that they manage and working alongside NHS Property Services (NHSPS), ICSs and GPs to manage the delivery of new build and refurbishment schemes, in particular focused on the existing NHSPS Community Hospitals in Crawley and Horsham in West Sussex. Candidates will therefore need to be base din the South East, close to Crawley or Horsham.
- Relevant project management / building surveying degree or technical qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and high level of accuracy.
- Financial management skills and ability to monitor budgets.
- Good IT skills (Email, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams etc).
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Self-confidence and a self-starter.
- Sense of humour.
- Good people and communication skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and show tact, diplomacy and flexibility at all times.
- Ability to monitor and achieve target goals.
- Driving Licence.
- Experience of working in a Project Management or Building Surveying role / environment.
- Member of a relevant professional organisation.
- Experience of working on estates development and/or capital works projects in the NHS / primary care sector
- Awareness of NHS strategy and policy.
- Good grasp of the policy context for health service modernisation.
- Knowledge of the operation of primary care.
- Knowledge of GP market.
- Knowledge of PFI/PPP and LIFT legal and contractual frameworks.
- Understanding of public sector estates issues and requirements.
- Local knowledge.
- Prince 2 trained.
- Familiarity with project management software.
- Skill and experience in creating and presenting proposals.