Our client is an Architectural practice in SW London that is currently looking for an Interior Designer to lead and deliver the creative output on high-end private residential projects. They are looking for a highly creative individual with strong interior design flair, and if they have previous experience in more of Architectural role, even better. This could also suit a more junior person with plenty of ambition.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules.
- Exhibit sound judgment in establishing the goals of the client through direct client contact and team communication.
- Directly participate with Project Manager(s) and Sr. Project Architect(s), Directors and MD to ensure the project is on schedule, on budget, reflects the latest industry trends, and meets all business objectives
- Maintain regular communications with the client or client representatives to verify design requirements, progress reviews and design delivery.
- Oversee the quality of interior design product throughout the project process
- Lead client presentations and present design concepts and drawings
- Sourcing and specifying products and materials according to set budgets
- Researching and gathering information and design insight relating to the project
- Producing comprehensive mood boards for presentation to clients in the agreed format for the company
- Sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing, and providing samples for clients and within set budgets according to set budgets.
- Preparing detailed drawings, designs, plans and schemes
- Supervising work at the design stage and on site
- Keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- Proven experience working with high end private residential, new build houses and period refurbishment projects.
- Excellent design, presentation and technical ability.
- A demonstrable track record of running projects from inception to completion to client satisfaction.
- Fluent proficiency in Vectorworks, Sketchup, Adobe CS, In-Design, Photoshop essential.
- An eye for design and colour, with good 3D and spatial awareness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FFE suppliers - furniture, fabric and wallpaper
- The ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- Strong organisational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to present and sell the designs, promote and explain ideas
- Project management skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, on multiple projects
- Fluency in English both written and verbal essential.