The opportunity has arisen to join a well-established, award-winning, AJ100 architectural practice with a particularly strong reputation in Residential, Commercial and Hospitality sectors. Working in a close-knit team of talented and committed professionals the role requires a dynamic designer to play a key part in the hotels group, working collaboratively and also on solo project work, over a diverse portfolio of hotel, leisure and resort projects.
The position involves responsibility for creating, developing and implementing project design concepts in both lead and support capacities, working, principally from project feasibility & concepts through to Planning Application project stages. Given the project range the candidate should possess a strong appreciation of all styles of architecture and interior design, contemporary and traditional, and be comfortable working with these. Strong communication skills are essential as the role will involve responsibility for presentations and the candidate should have well developed hand drawing/sketching capabilities to convey design ideas easily and quickly, both visually and verbally.
Requirements & Skills
- Proficiency in REVIT, Photoshop, InDesign and MS Office.
- Comfortable managing time and deadlines efficiently, working on multiple projects at any one time.
- Design and preparation of feasibility studies, presentations and drawing sets to suit the project requirements.
- A working knowledge of building regulations, structural and mechanical concepts, budgeting and programme requirements on projects.
- The understanding of the operational needs of hospitality environments including functionality of back of house, food and beverage, conference and banqueting, and spa and fitness areas.