Our client is a well-established practice that’s looking for a Marketing and Business Development Assistant to join their London-based central marketing team. This is a three-month fixed contract.
The ideal candidate should be a creative self-starter with drive and initiative, coupled with excellent attention to detail and communication skills. They will proactively support the delivery of a number of critical projects for the department, as well as administrative support for day-to-day operations, helping the team ensure a smooth and efficient running for business development activity across the UK and Asia Pacific.
Core tasks and responsibilities for the role would be:
- Assist in the creation and review of SEO optimised website copy.
- Support the administration and drafting of industry award submissions.
- Assist the Digital Marketing Coordinator in maintaining the library of digital facing material, including commissioning and developing videography.
- Helping with data administration and quality checking their CRM system for marketing purposes and segmenting agreed prospects.
- Working with their teams to help keep collateral up to date, including editing these assets within the Adobe creative suite and InDesign.
- Undertaking research through several channels to identify new business opportunities, working across regional teams across the business.
- Supporting colleagues with client facing materials and proactively assisting in market intelligence. This may include reviewing and analysing news outlets, industry journals, websites and more.
Skills and qualities:
- Experience working with website maintenance and development projects, SEO and video editing.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative eye and passion for creating engaging visual content.
- An interest in the historic built environment, and in creating engaging ways to communicate complex ideas and an eagerness to learn
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to respond flexibly and quickly to multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Graphics experience. Proven skills in creating, editing and working on a range of marketing materials using the Adobe creative suite and InDesign.
- A strong team player who is confident working and building relationships with people across a variety of locations, professions, and levels of seniority.
- Previous experience in architectural / built environment business services is a plus, but not essential.