Our client is a small practice in SW London that is seeking a high-calibre Mid Weight Interior Designer. This person will be working under the guidance of, and assisting, the Head of Interiors on a range of new build high-end period houses and refurbishments for private clients. The successful candidate will be both an independent problem solver, as well as a proven team player when it comes to getting the job done. They’re looking for an individual who takes details and aesthetics seriously and is interested in taking on the most challenging and rewarding projects.
- developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules
- researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project
- preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, schedules, using Vectorworks software
- producing sample or mood boards for presentation to clients
- sourcing products, eg furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration, and providing samples for clients
- 3-5 years minimum experience in high-end residential, new build houses and period refurbishment projects for private clients.
- good knowledge of full set drawings including tender, construction details and site work
- highly attentive to detail
- well-organised and reliable
- good time-management and project-juggling skills
- able to design, produce details and working drawings
- fluent in English, verbal and written
- proficiency of Vectorworks, good command of Adobe Suite and freehand sketches will be considered a definite advantage. Cross training only on offer for candidates that are otherwise perfect for the role
Salary: Competitive salary based upon experience and merit based upon interview discussion.