Our client is a very friendly small practice in north London primarily working within the smaller-scale high-end residential sector as well as some commercial work. They are now looking for an Operational Director with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead on the running of the practice.
This candidate will be a talented ARB registered Senior Architect with at least 10 years of UK-experience, who must have great communication skills including fluent spoken and written English. They should also be confident to deal with their team, their lovely private and commercial clients, consultants, partners and networks, as well as being very business savvy and with an entrepreneurial spirit and commercially switched on to understand the detail of project and business profitability. Candidates should have worked in smaller offices for most of their career, with a strong background in small-scale high-end residential for private clients and be passionate about growing with a practice.
- Manage a team of 5 to 10 people
- Work as the MD’s right-hand person
- To deliver excellent projects
- Creating, developing and improving business procedures
- To develop and implement a strategy aimed at delivering outstanding customer service, while being efficient and profitable
- To develop their reputation as an employer of choice and foster an environment of inspiration, motivation and continuous learning and development for all employees
- Improve the knowledge and skills of the team
A skilled architect:
- A creative designer able to run residential projects through all RIBA stages.
- Experience in London high-end residential (single-family houses and small developments) and commercial projects.
- Strong AutoCAD and Sketch Up skills essential. Revit advantageous as they would like to start using it in the near future
- Designing initial phases of all architectural projects
- Supervising Project Development throughout all stages
Client relationship management:
- Ensure client satisfaction at each stage of the project
- Submitting reports of the project at on a regular basis to the client and team
- Keeping the client up to date at every step of the project, getting their approval for the next stage.
- Manage team members and project’s KPIs
- Lead, manage and coach staff to support their development and progression
- Set objectives for employees ensuring that these are SMART
- Supervise the team and carry out regular design checks
- Coordinating the design team to organise all parts of the project. This is to include any local or outsourced team
- Ensure the team manage their time effectively so that the projects are profitable
- Running weekly team meetings
- Understanding of priorities both client’s and financials
- Implementing assessment tools for staff in trial period and afterward, ensure accountability
- Responsibility for sourcing and appointing high caliber candidates
- Develop relationships with key people/companies to support the flow of quality candidates
- Ensure recruitment processes are robust and legally compliant
- Coordinate employees’ appraisals
Salary depending on experience
To start as soon as possible