Our client is a pioneering team of architects, designers, creative technologists, programmers, computational designers and engineers who design and build ground-breaking art installations across the world. The design studio and in-house workshop is based in Hackney, East London.
They are looking for a Personal Assistant for the Director. This is a key position in the studio and the successful candidate must be a great communicator, super organized, and detail focused with a drive to efficiently work through a broad list of administrative tasks in a creative environment. As well as being the Director’s PA, the role will also involve supporting the Studio Manager in keeping the studio running smoothly. You will be joining at a very exciting and busy period for the studio with several media artworks in development around the world including Europe, Canada and the USA.
- Manage a complex diary to accommodate external business meetings, internal project reviews and travel amongst other things. This will often involve lots of planning ahead and coordination with the studio team and external clients
- Attend meetings with the Director to help with minute taking and following up afterwards where required
- Prioritize and help file the Director’s email inbox. Prepare draft email responses where required, and help manage other company email accounts. Coordinate new business leads with their Business Development Manager.
- Help with proof reading and the preparation of presentations, Updating CV’s, biographies, and the studio website / profile where required.
- Book travel, plan and manage travel itineraries, and arrange visas where necessary
- Help our Studio Manager support the studio, this could include but is not limited to ordering office & kitchen supplies, collecting and distributing post, setting up for meetings, organising studio trips and events and acknowledging birthdays
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Undergraduate Degree
- At least 3-4 years previous professional experience as a Personal Assistant supporting multiple team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail focused with excellent organisational skills, multi-tasking and drive to get things done
- Ability to be flexible within a creative environment whilst keeping a positive and can-do attitude
- Mac/PC, MS Office, Mail
OPTIONAL SKILLS (but not essential)
- InDesign, Keynote, PhotoShop, Pipedrive (or similar customer relations management tool)
- Interest in and awareness of the creative arts industry