This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual with a passion for design, interior design and also an interest in property development. Due to increasing workload, our client is seeking initially a part-time employee to work on a wide variety of projects from a contemporary new build holiday home and residential extensions to commercial and HMO conversion projects. The practice also has a development arm which aims to create quality, well designed and contemporary homes and properties for both private clients and also to build their own portfolio of high-quality boutique HMOs. Their flagship HMO in Reading is currently on site and near completion.
This is not a standard Architectural Assistant / Architect role. The role will be much wider than a purely Architectural role to also include things such as staging HMO projects, feasibility studies on potential investment projects, attending property viewings with the Director, writing blog posts and creating content for social media for example.
The position will initially be on a part-time basis 3/4 days per week (negotiable) and with very flexible hours. You would have the ability to become a key founding team member of the company as the company expands in the coming years.
Skills & experience required:
- A recognized RIBA part 1 and part 2 degree qualification
- Experience working with the UK residential sector on projects from concept to completion.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experienced using Vectorworks, Sketch-up and Photoshop.
- Able to work independently on own initiative but also able to take instruction and work as part of a team.