Our client is a Developer based in SW London, currently looking for a Project Manager with strong residential experience to work on a range of exciting projects. They are working full-time from the office so locally-based candidates would be preferred.
Overview of the role:
For the organisation, control and development of a multi-million-pound building project, the Project Manager reporting to the Senior Project Manager will be responsible to ensure all aspects of the high-end residential and commercial mix development progress runs smoothly and efficiently to produce an excellent quality product with optimum profitability.
As a key member of the project team, the Project Manager also involves monitoring of and controlling internal and external consultants, contractors and subcontractors.
- Liaising with key Stakeholders - all the departments within the Company, external suppliers, consultants and contractors.
- Working within reporting and project control policies and systems.
-Objectives as outlined by your line manager.
- Has a good understanding of both internal and external business needs and provides the best possible service to the company.
- Has a good understanding of the commercial reality (internal and external).
- Exercise shrewd business judgment on consultant advices, contractor requests and customer demands.
- Exercise professional judgment to resolve development problems during planning, design, construction and after sale stages.
- Communicates information widely and actively, at all levels, in an effective manner.
- Actively listens and takes notice of the views of others.
- Is able to communicate clearly and confidently regardless of the audience.
- Openly encourages the sharing of information, judging when, with whom, and what to communicate, whilst maintaining confidentiality where necessary.
- Influences others who have different interests and objectives.
- Demonstrates a passion for the role and for the Company and is resilient.
- Copes well whilst working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Is able to think and work independently.
- Is able to deal with individuals in an assertive non-confrontational or intimidating manner whilst being able to challenge when appropriate.
- Listens actively, co-operates and can easily build a network.
- Works and co-operate willingly with others offering support and delivering on promises and expectations.
- Builds and maintains constructive working relationships with all team members, asking for help when appropriate and taking ownership and responsibility for own mistakes.
- Demonstrates a pragmatic open mind, adapting own views and ideas for the good of the team and is committed to the needs of the business.
- Seeks information, opinions, reactions and feelings of others, tests understanding by seeking clarification.
- Knows where to go and who to ask for information.
- Participates in informal conversations and social interactions, keeps in touch with contacts outside of the team.
Essential skills, attributes & qualifications:
- Member of the ARB
- Team player
- Analytical/logical thinker
- Willing to learn and able to retain knowledge
- Large residential project experience; transferrable skills will also be of benefit
- Previous experience of working for a property development company
- Previous experience of working for an international company/international experience