Our client is a friendly practice in North London currently looking for a senior-level Architect, with a minimum of 10 years’ UK experience. This candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ambition to take on a challenge to help to shape the future of the practice through its short and long-term goals, as well as have solid experience in smaller-scale high-end residential projects/one-off houses with private clients- at least 7 of which should have a project value of over £1 million.
- Manage a team of 5 to 10 people including outsourcing
- Work as the MD’s right-hand person
- To deliver excellent projects
- Creating, developing and improving business procedures
- To develop and implement a strategy aimed at delivering an outstanding customer service, while being efficient and profitable
- To develop their reputation as an employer of choice and foster an environment of inspiration, motivation and continuous learning and development for all employees
- Improve the knowledge and skills of the team
The right person must be:
- A people person, charismatic, have great communications skills and fluent spoken and written English. Confident to deal with their team, as well as the private and commercial clients, consultants, partners and networks. Great energy, positive, empathetic
- Business savvy- someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and commercially switched on to understand the detail of project and business profitability.
- Passionate, motivated, proactive, kind, honest and fun
A skilled architect
- A creative designer able to run residential projects through all RIBA stages.
- Experience in London high-end residential (single family houses and small developments) and commercial projects.
- Strong AutoCAD skills essential. Revit advantageous as they would like to start using it in the near future
- Designing initial phases of all architectural projects
- Supervising Project Development throughout all stages
Client relationship management
- Ensure client satisfaction at each stage of the project.
- Submitting a report of the project at on a regular basis to the client and team.
- Keeping the client up to date at every step of the project, getting their approval for the next stage.
- Manage team members and project’s KPIs
- Lead, manage and coach staff to support their development and progression
- Set objectives for employees ensuring that these are SMART
- Supervise the team and carry out regular design checks
- Coordinating the design team to organise all parts of the project. This is to include any local or outsourced team
- Ensure the team manage their time effectively so that the projects are profitable
- Running weekly team meetings
- Implementing assessment tools for staff in trial period and afterwards, ensure accountability
- Coordinate employees’ appraisals
Salary depending on experience
To start as soon as possible