Our client is a small consultancy with offices in Birmingham, Liverpool and Hampshire, currently looking for a Technical Senior Consultant to join their team. This role will be fully remote but candidates must be based in England as they will need to go to site and meet as well as meeting up with the rest of the team once a month.
What you will need to bring to this role: Experience / Education:
- 5 to 10 yrs. of management consultancy and/or industry experience, particularly in health, social care and local government.
- A Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a management discipline (preferably in business administration, strategy, finance, project management or healthcare management), or at least 5 years of operational management experience in one of these fields.
- Credible experience of business advisory assignments and project management, particularly ones which align with our key capabilities in estates and facilities management, asset management, options appraisals, and business case. development and implementation
- Experience of managing teams
- Experience of working with clients at senior management level
- Knowledge of the structure, practices and workings of the NHS, social care and local government sectors.
- A Business Case qualification, Healthcare Planning qualification and/or Project Management qualification.
Skills / Attributes:
- Proven ability to support and motivate project teams.
- High energy, self-motivation, and an ability to quickly adapt to the demands of our marketplace.
Business Development/Communication & Engagement:
- Experience of account plan management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident speaker, presenter and participant in client meetings/fora
- Demonstrated ability to use social media tools to promote the company’s work and constructively engage with existing and prospective clients and staff
Effective Project Management:
- Inquisitive approach to project management and problem solving
- Proven ability to manage project to time, quality and budget
- Proven ability to manage a number of concurrent projects and team resources
- Highly numerate with strong financial skills and/or knowledge of project finance / accounting.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications particularly, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project Management.
- Highly numerate with strong financial skills and/or knowledge of project finance/accounting
- Understanding of technical drawing notation - advanced
- Understanding of spatial dimensions - advanced
- Understanding of building technology - advanced
- Understanding of construction information and documentation
- Understanding of design disciplines and their interdependencies and interfaces - advanced
- Understanding of the design process - advanced
- Understanding of the legislative context: Building Control, Town Planning, Accessibility, British Standards and Codes of Practice - advanced
- Understanding of the principles of sustainable design and development - advanced
- Understanding of building cost – advanced
- Ability to plan and steer the design process to deliver defined outputs
- Ability to assess and report building condition
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate complex/diverse information
- Ability to write complex reports drawing together diverse information – text, tables, images, drawings
- Programming – understanding of design and construction sequence
- Ability to use MS Project or similar
- Proficient in PPT, Photoshop, Excel
- Ability to construct spreadsheets – computational and other – to present, manage and process numerical and other data
- Ability to manage in-house technical team to deliver projects within allocated fee and time scales
Other considerations (i.e., require to travel):
A lot of the activity, particularly post Covid, can be delivered remotely and home-based working is normal practice. However, based on the nature of the projects assigned, and the location of the clients, the incumbent may be required to:
- Undertake regular weekly travel, both locally and nationally
- Reside in hotels for one or more nights on a regular (possibly weekly) basis
- Own/drive a car
- Be based in more than one venue and work from home as required