Our client is a well-established practice that’s looking for a Site-based Project Manager for a 6-month fixed term contract to join their Manchester office. They are looking to reinforce their team with a talented and enthusiastic person with excellent project, design and people management skills to take a key project forwards into RIBA Stage 5 in conjunction with the Management Contractor.
GREAT DELIVERY LEADER- SENIOR ARCHITECT/ ASSOCIATE LEVEL:
They are looking for a proactive project delivery leader, with 10+ years of architectural design and delivery experience in the UK, ideally in heritage buildings of over £25m. The role will be site-based for a minimum of 3 days per week.
Skills and Qualifications (required unless otherwise noted):
• Construction professional 10+ years of architectural design management and delivery experience in the UK
• Previous experience of design and delivery of large complex projects through RIBA Stages 4 & 5
• Previous experience of heritage projects through design and construction stages an advantage
• Previous experience of working directly with contractors and managing delivery of Works Packages
• Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, effective client and consultant relationship skills and ability to collaboratively work with diverse teams
• Proven ability to manage multiple packages and multiple deadlines
• Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
• Manage, deliver and be accountable for the design and construction information release
• Day-to-day design management of the project design deliverables including managing internal team and consultants
• Define and agree the work package structure, programme and associated outputs as required with the Group Leads and Management Contractor Design Manager
• Develop a detailed integrated design programme that identifies design information release, regularly review programme and monitor the practice’s progress
• Provide regular progress reports summarising progress to date, specifying any decisions or authorisations required
• Manage the practice’s resources closely to ensure deliverables and programme are met, ensuring team are prioritising work appropriately.
• Comply with established project controls, assurance and reporting procedure across all activities set out in the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
• Support in the development of Project risk and opportunity registers
• Support the team in the early warning procedure and risk reduction process, support in the development of change control.
• Direct interface with Management Contractor’s Design Manager
• Attendance at Project Progress Meetings, Design Team Meetings, Stakeholder Meetings
• Attendance at Design Co-ordination Meetings, Management Contractor Package Pricing/ Procurement Meetings
• Supported by Project Lead and Group Leads