Our client is an international interiors-focused architecture and design studio based in Marylebone who are currently looking for a middle-weight interior designer to join them. There is also an opportunity for a Junior Interior Designer. This will initially be for a 5-month contract but could become permanent. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate wanting to boost their career and hit the ground running on a prestigious luxury residential project in Central London.
This role will be challenging yet extremely fulfilling and the successful candidate will be expected to take the lead in executing a high-end residential project through every stage from design concept through to installation under the guidance of a Senior Interior Designer and with the support of the rest of the team. Candidates must have previous experience working on high-end residential schemes and be comfortable working individually as well as in a team to collaborate in creating luxurious interior spaces.
You will need to be self-motivated, extremely organized and thorough, have good communication skills, manage project deadlines, and have an exceptional eye for design.
- Relevant qualification in Interior Design
- Possess strong skills in developing concepts and ideas, and be confident in presenting these
- Proactive individual who foresees potential problems and looks for solutions which may be less obvious
- Experience in sourcing and procuring furniture & furnishings with a thorough knowledge of FF&E, particularly in reference to high-end residential
- Keep accurate and detailed specification and costing documentation
- Produce technical drawings and/or hand sketches for Client presentations and suppliers
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCad, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp, and Excel
- Communicate politely and effectively (in person and on paper/electronically) with clients, suppliers and contractors on a regular basis
- Time management skills and highly organized working methods; able to work to challenging deadlines
- All-rounder skill set
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Must also be a UK resident, eligible to work in the UK
- Generally friendly and positive person who is easy to work with