Our client is a small consultancy with offices in Birmingham, Liverpool and Hampshire, currently looking for a Technical Analyst to join their team. This role will be fully remote but candidates must be based in England as they will need to go to site and meet as well as meeting up with the rest of the team once a month. The Technical Analyst will assist with a range of technical tasks including architectural drawings done under supervision. This could be someone at the early stage of their career with a BTEC or NVQ.
• A Degree, equivalent professional qualification or appropriate experience, ideally in a management discipline (preferably in business administration, strategy, finance, project management or healthcare management)
• Experience of working in a team environment.
Skills / Attributes:
People, Communications & Engagement:
• High energy, self-motivation, and an ability to quickly to adapt to the demands of the marketplace.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use social media tools to promote the company’s work.
• An inquisitive approach to problem solving and effective organisation skills.
• Highly numerate and adept / keen to gain skills and knowledge of project finance / accounting.
• Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications particularly, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project Management.
• As an Analyst with Technical focus, you will need additional skills list below.
Additional Technical Skills and Interests:
1. Understanding of plans and sections of buildings
2. Understanding of technical drawing notation
3. Understanding of spatial dimensions
4. Basic understanding of building technology
5. Ability to draw plans and sections in Autocad or similar – training, or self-taught acceptable, providing can demonstrate proficiency
6. Proficient in PPT, Photoshop, Excel, InDesign
7. Basic understanding of the legislative context: Building Control, Town Planning, Accessibility, British Standards and Codes of Practice
8. Ability to manage and co-ordinate information
9. Ability to write basic reports
10. Interest in buildings and spatial planning
11. Understanding of healthcare buildings
12. Understanding of building cost
13. Programming – understanding of design and construction sequence
14. Ability to use MS Project
Key Internal & External Clients:
• Members of Consultancy Team
• Other company teams and the Senior Management Team
• NHS Trusts & Commissioning Organisations (STPs, CCGs, NHSE/I)
• General Practices / Primary Care Networks
• Council Departments, Officers & Politicians
• Private Health & Care Providers
• NHS Property Services
• Community Healthcare Partnerships
The incumbent may be required to:
• Travel, both locally and nationally.
• Reside in hotels for one or more nights on a regular (possibly weekly) basis.
• Be based in more than one venue and work from home as required.
Salary c. £25-39,000