Our client is small but expanding design-led studio based in London Bridge, with a focus on contemporary design, primarily within the high-end residential sector. They are currently seeking a Technical Architect who will share in their collaborative and creative culture. This practice is offering hybrid working.
They work closely in a design-led and exciting studio environment and pride themselves on thinking differently and delivering beautifully crafted designs to their clients. They are passionate about what they do and believe strongly in being both professional and approachable. They are also keen to see you grow within the practice, becoming an integral part of their team, so to do this, they would support further learning for both your development and practice success.
You will have a passion for domestic residential architecture, be creative, positive, driven, able to find solutions to unusual problems and able to do this independently.
You will take pride in what you do, be enthusiastic and most of all, enjoy it. You’ll be flexible, and willing to be part of something exciting, working across all areas of the practice.
You’ll be willing to be collaborative, personable, and communicative, where you will be playing a full part in determining how the practice moves forward, and how they develop and continue to grow.
You will be able to make a positive impact on how they operate, sharing your knowledge and expertise in both technical design and practice operations. Equally, they would seek to support your progression and development as your role grows within the team and the practice.
YOUR SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience in the UK across RIBA Work Stages 4 & 5, developing detailed Design & Specification proposals for Tender and Construction, to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Managing a drawing programme to meet studio timeframes and client expectations, including direct communication with clients and consultants.
- Expert knowledge of UK building construction, legislation, codes of practice & current UK Building Regulations.
- Knowledge of CDM and on-site health and safety requirements.
- Prepare briefs, instruct, and assess the designs from consultants, agreeing on the scope of work, information required and programme.
- Be able to hand sketch, and communicate well visually and verbally to Clients, and Consultants alike.
- Liaise with external consultants to deliver all required information for projects.
- Excellent IT skills with the use of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, and Apple Mail. Photoshop & InDesign an advantage.
- Attend regular site visits to support the building team, monitor design and build progress and respond to technical queries.
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of the English Language (Written & Spoken).
- You will be eligible to work in the UK.
- Holding a full UK driving license and having your own transport is essential.