Our client is a rapidly expanding AJ100 practice based in central London. Within their office, they have a technical team which provides a broad range of legal, technical and procedural advice and support services to their design teams. As a consequence of the recent growth of the practice, they are looking to recruit an architectural assistant with a minimum of 2-years post Part 2 experience or a recently qualified junior architect to join the team to work alongside the technical director.
The role will involve:
- Negotiating and agreeing their project appointments and services
- Liaising with their professional indemnity insurer (non-contentious and contentious matters)
- Providing liability advice and managing professional negligence claims
- Implementing and maintaining their quality and risk management procedures
- Undertaking reviews to support their project design and project management
- Providing technical advice regarding regulations, standards, construction and materials
- Providing specification writing and information management support services
- Undertaking technical research to support the innovation of their design teams
The technical team also works closely with the other support teams, in particular, their BIM team and CPD Group.
Candidates must have an enthusiasm and aptitude for the legal and technical aspects of architecture and architectural practice. A general understanding of professional practice and practice management issues, in particular, quality and risk management issues would also be beneficial. The successful candidate will work closely with their technical director in connection with the legal aspects of their project work, including dealing with project appointments and liaising with our professional indemnity insurer, the Wren Insurance Association. The role will involve working closely with and assisting to support our design teams, including participating in technical reviews of projects, but will not include working directly as part of a design team.