Our client is a medium-sized award-winning practice in central London offering a great office culture to its staff. From flexible working to a friendly team where everyone's opinion matters, as well as incorporating sustainable design into their work, this is a great place to work! They are currently looking for 2 Architects, one with 2/3 years post Part 3 experience and the other with 5+ years. Strong Revit is necessary for this role as well as experience across at least one of these sectors: retrofit, workplace, residential, retail. The job description below gives a good outline of what is expected and will be adapted according to the seniority of the candidates.
Experience & Qualifications:
- RIBA Part Ill qualification.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of all RIBA stages.
- Experience of running more than one project simultaneously from inception to completion.
- An understanding of clients' requirements and experience of client liaison.
- Experience of managing construction contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of current legislation, standards, building technologies, environmental design and construction methods.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong client management skills.
- Good hand drawing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good understanding of contract administration knowledge and application.
- Good level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Good level of awareness of Risk Management to mitigate all risks.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent design and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate designs clearly and effectively.
IT & Software
- Highly IT literate.
- Excellent knowledge of BIM and Revit software is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD software and the Practice CAD Manual.
- Good knowledge of graphic presentations (Adobe lnDesign, Illustrator etc)
Design & Project:
- Assist in preparation of a detailed method statement for each project for approval by the relevant Project Director.
- Assist the Project Lead in developing the design proposals for presentation to the client.
- Develop project plans, define the project with clear timescales, scope, costs and resource requirements for delivery on time and within budget.
- Assist the Project Lead in setting up the internal project team and manage the team within pre-agreed programme and cost parameters.
- Co-ordinate external consultants as necessary.
- Act as client interface on projects when appropriate.
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders and team members are kept up-to-date on project developments and changes.
- Assist in the collection of the client brief and prepare the project briefing documents.
- Assist in preparation of design and production information programmes, allocate work to team members.
- Prepare and manage the information production schedule for the projects.
- Take responsibility or assist with all aspects of the projects technical information.
- Set agendas and run regular internal and external design team meetings.
- Attend site meetings.
- Monday Morning Meetings contribution.
- Monitor construction work on site.
- Assist to ensure smooth hand over of project to client.
- Report key project issues to Project Lead on a regular basis.
- Carry out site/building appraisals as required.