Our client is an AJ100 practice based in south London and currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic Architectural Technologist to join as a BIM Coordinator to support architectural project teams in London.
You will need:
- a background as an Architectural Technologist, minimum 3 years UK construction experience.
- 5 years minimum post-graduation experience
- experience in architectural delivery (e.g.: producing drawing packages) essential
- knowledge of Revit at an advanced / expert level
- experience in delivery of multi-unit UK residential projects
The ideal candidate should be happy to focus primarily on a BIM role:
- keen to support others and help them learn
- setting up projects, shared coordinates
- parametric content creation
- setting up schedules
- setting up view templates, filters
- Excel import / export
- model audits, optimising performance, troubleshooting
In additional to the above, the following would be an advantage:
- at least basic Navisworks knowledge essential, including running clash detection.
- Ability to set up search sets
- knowledge of Rhino
- some experience of Dynamo for Revit would be a plus but not essential (Dynamo and similar tools will form only a very small portion of the role)
- experience in managing BIM360 administration (setting up projects, adding users)
- willing to work to established standards and learn new skills
The role would involve:
- leading role in setting up managing deliverables in medium to large BIM Deliver Project.
- assisting other project teams with more demanding Revit tasks (e.g.: setting up projects)
- helping populate and maintain the BIM library
- auditing and reporting on Revit models quality
- leading clash detection tasks, managing issue trackers (e.g.: BIMcollab, or similar), training will be provided if necessary
The role would develop towards the Lead BIM coordinator role for the practice, with future development possible.