This global design practice is a world leader in luxury retail, experiential culture and hospitality sectors. Due to a dramatic increase in workload of large-scale luxury international retail projects in Asia and the Middle East, they are actively seeking a BIM Coordinator. The role will provide technical support directly to project team members and report to the project lead, providing feedback on the team’s requirements for training, workflows or content. Core responsibilities of the BIM Coordinator will span from initial project setup, maintaining project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents, performing BIM coordinator exercises and training project team members. Additional responsibilities include monitoring the performance and quality levels of BIM models and ensuring they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements and firm's BIM standards.
- Assist project teams with the setup and edit of complex Revit families.
- Automation through the use of Dynamo and scripting is a key focus of development and therefore the applicant will be required to create scripts to assist the project teams in their day to day tasks.
- Setup Rhino/Revit interface and transition script.
- Superb communication skills, naturally igniting great rapport and adapting style to all levels.
- Ability to train teams in relevant workflows and software packages both 1-on-1 and group workshops.
- Provide ongoing support, troubleshooting and guidance for BIM workflow and standards.
- Verbal presentation skills.
- Contribute towards negotiations of BIM implementation.
- Attend project kick-off meetings to advice BIM implementation.
- Contribute to BID stage discussion with early liaison for BIM requirements and potential issues that may arise.
- Provide scope of services for BIM deliverables in contracts.
- Provide assistance to clash detection processes.
- Develop and manage practice BIM library.
- Prepare and assist in the accuracy of BIM models issued to consultants.
- Review project files to look for improvements and potential future hazards.
- Seek to identify opportunities to improve BIM workflows in correlation with all aspects of the practice.
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree in architecture or architectural technology-based qualification.
- Minimum 6 years of architectural design experience delivering mixed-use projects globally, with specific project experience in China.
- Revit exam-based certification.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Autodesk Revit and related software and plugins.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of BIM360.
- Advanced knowledge and of bringing complex Rhino geometries into Revit.
- Knowledge of Dynamo is highly beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of legacy CAD applications and practices.
- Experience in delivering projects to BIM standards with validation and QA processes.
- Familiarity with common data environment practices is beneficial.
The firm offers a fantastic benefits package.