We are searching for a reliable and experienced Contract BIM Modeller/BIM Technician to work with an AJ100 studio focussed on high-end commercial fit-outs. They are around 50 strong, use Revit and looking for someone to support their BIM Manager in the implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and the Digital Construction procedures at the design, construction, and handover stages of projects.
You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and implement your knowledge across the practice. This position would suit a hard-working individual who thrives in a dynamic, positive, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Managing digital files and being responsible for the creation of design documentation.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit, BIM and other BIM related software.
- Installation and support of BIM software.
- Creation of software template files to assure BG BIM standards are implemented and maintained.
- Help resolve BIM related design issues.
- Provide quality control of all drawings produced.
- Training or upskilling colleagues in specific software programmes.
- Generating content for the firm to use, i.e., Revit Families creation.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in building technology.
- Contributing to coordination meetings to identify and resolve project issues with a Design Team.
Skills & Abilities
Previous experience & qualifications
- HNC/HND (or higher) in a construction-based subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Extensive experience in design, drafting and coordination.
- In depth working knowledge of current BIM software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Revit based exam qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of Autodesk Revit is essential, and ideally Navisworks and BIM 360 too.
- Preferred candidate should have a working knowledge of the following software used within the company for design documentation; AutoCAD, Enscape, InDesign and/or Rhino.
- Ability to use own initiative and work as a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Great attention to detail & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organise your time and workload.
- Be flexible and open to change.
IT & Software
- Highly IT literate.
- Excellent knowledge of BIM and Revit software.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD software and the Practice CAD Manual.
- Good knowledge of graphic presentations (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator etc).