Our client is a large Architectural practice that work across a range of sectors including Transportation and Residential. They are currently looking for a design director with exceptional design skills as well as a confident communicator with strong client-facing skills. Experience on international projects would be a strong bonus.
Candidates will need the following skills and experience:
- ARB/ RIBA accredited architect with a minimum of eight years in practice
- exceptional client-facing experience
- excellent design and presentation skills
- proven track record of delivering high-quality projects across all RIBA design stages (concept/technical)
Leadership and project management skills:
- ability to lead design workshops and design reviews
- establish and implement efficient and focused design activities for team
- project management, working within deadlines and budgets
- manage and mentor design teams to promote a strong design culture and collaborative working environment
In order to be considered for this role, your portfolio must have plenty of examples of story telling. This is, images that clearly explain how the concept evolved into the final design, diagrams, a strong narrative, evidence of your design approach, strategic thinking, storyboards and evidence of your leadership in the role and projects shown. Portfolios that only show pretty CGIs will not be of interest.