Our client is a design-led, central London architectural and interiors practice with an interior design department. They are presently working on a diverse range of interesting projects include an exciting variety of high-end residential schemes, listed building refurbishments, mixed-use developments and boutique developer projects primarily located in London and the South East. This practice is seeking a UK qualified Architect with a minimum of two years’ post-Part 3 experience to join its studio. This person must be an articulate, passionate and ambitious individual with experience working in a design-led practice, with strong technical ability and experience of working across all RIBA Work Stages.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is client-focused and able to manage a professional team. They will need to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and professional team members in order to deliver projects from inception to completion. They will be required to produce drawn technical information accurately, in accordance with all regulatory requirements (planning, building regulations, CDM and other relevant frameworks) and efficiently, support the directors on larger projects and take project architect responsibility on projects.
Candidates must have:
- experience of working on design-led residential and / or housing projects
- proven job-running experience and the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
- an excellent academic record
- understanding of listed buildings and associated frameworks
- strong design and technical skills and meticulous detailing ability
- the ability to work across all RIBA work stages
- excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD
- the ability to manage a professional team
- proven client management skills
- effective communication skills with clients and professional teams
- a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude and work well as part of a team
- the ability to manage their own time as well as others