Our client is a bustling 30-strong architectural practice across two studios that is currently seeking a Finance Manager. This will be working alongside their administrative team to be responsible for the financial health and management of the practice. Producing and clearly communicating financial reports and developing strategies for a well-established architecture & interior design practice operating in the modern design & construction industry in the UK and abroad. The role will involve working directly with the board members and the senior management team to provide information and advice in making sound financial and practice decisions in the long and short term. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a practice with the chance to be part of a diverse and exciting team of people.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company such as payroll, pension, invoicing, accounts (UK & EU) and other transactions.
- Liaise with outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking and other financial needs as necessary.
- Seek out methods for minimising and managing financial risk to the company.
- Provide financial information to inform short and long-term decision-making.
- Review financial data & prepare quarterly and annual reports or as required presenting them to Board members and Directors in a clear and understandable fashion.
- Maintain rolling cash flow forecasts, monitor secure and potential income as well as debtors to Director’s on a regular basis.
- Stay up to date with the latest accountancy software & methods used for financial purposes.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understand and adhere to current financial regulations and legislation. Keeping up to date and informing Directors of new legislation where applicable.
- Work directly with the Practice Manager in the day-to-day running of the practice.
The successful candidate:
- Need not be a qualified accountant but should have several years of experience previously working managing accounts, finances, payroll and invoicing in the design and/or construction industries – previous/current experience at an architecture practice is preferable.
- Have proven experience in recording, processing and relaying financial information to the management team in a clear and understandable fashion – to allow them to make quick and well-informed decisions.
- Have exemplary management skills and thrive working in an open and sociable office environment and embody the practice ethos.
- Have a high level of written English – be able to draft clear and concise correspondence and understand the manner and context in which they need to be written. Able to confidentially communicate over the phone and in meetings.
- Have superior mathematical and critical-thinking skills
- Have a clear understanding of data privacy standards – acting with honesty and integrity.
- Knowledge/understanding of fee writing and project reconciliation is desired but not essential.
- Have experience working with project management software, Paprika and Forecast 5 would be a plus.
If this looks of interest, please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com or click on the apply button below.