Our client is a small practice based in central London that specialises in design-led commercial and residential projects with a particular specialism in heritage buildings. They are currently looking for a Practice Manager to work on either a 4 or 5-day basis, and for the perfect candidate would consider alternative working arrangements.
They are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and adaptable individual with previous relevant experience within administrative roles at small/medium-sized creative companies. The Practice Manager oversees the smooth and efficient running of the practice, from coordinating office events and socials to facilities management, office administration and marketing assistance.
The ideal candidate needs to have a hands-on attitude, be able to multi-task extremely well, act on their own initiative and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. The role suits a proactive and curious individual, engaged with architectural/creative industries and looking for career progression.
Essential Skills/ Duties include:
- First point of contact for internal and external queries; excellent problem-solving skills required
- Office Administration; facilities maintenance, supplies, diary management etc.
- Filing; inc. processing of confidential records and financial admin
- Management of staff Health & Safety and HR documentation
- Prepare and organise staff inductions, training and appraisals
- Engagement with and nurturing of office culture and work environment
- Organise staff socials and trips
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365
- Understanding of office IT
- Assistance with the production and coordination of marketing materials (website and social media)
- Coordination of practice events/displays
Desirable Skills/ Duties:
- Interest in Architecture
- Experience with website builder tools (ideally WordPress)
- Interest in art/exhibitions