A small architectural studio in west London is currently looking for a Project Architect with at least 5 years post part 3 who can take projects from planning through to completion.
Essential skills/ qualifications for this Project Architect role:
- 5-year post Part 3 qualified and ideally you will have a minimum 3 years UK based practice experience.
- relevant experience working predominantly works on residential projects from £100,000 to £2million.
- Strong Technical skills: Knowledge of planning and statutory processes, building regulations, construction, construction detailing and design principles, as well as experience with design software such as AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, etc.
- Very good Project Management skills: The ability to manage projects from conception to completion; including budgeting, producing project certification whilst the project is on site, site inspection visits and preparation of minutes, scheduling and coordinating with other members of the project team.
- Attention to Detail: The ability to pay close attention to details and ensure that all aspects of the project are executed correctly and to the highest standards.
Among other responsibilities, you will need to:
- Work as part of a team or as project lead; development of design proposals, including creating initial sketches, developing detailed documents and overseeing the construction of the project, outlining tasks and support measures for junior members of the team.
- Manage the project team, including delegating tasks, providing guidance and direction, and ensuring that all team members are working together effectively.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs, present design options, and ensure that the project is meeting their expectations.
- Be able to create project budgets and schedules and ensuring that the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coordination with the contractor and other members of the project team to ensure that the project is executed correctly and to the highest standards.
- Able to identify and manage project risks, including potential design issues, construction and budget.
- Carry out the preparation of drawing packages suitable for Planning, Building Regulation applications, tender and construction – ensuring that the project complies with all UK regulations with drawing support to be undertaken by junior team members under your direct supervision