Our client is a small, well-established practice looking for a Project Architect to join its team. You will initially be working on refurbishing Grade II Listed buildings in Marylebone and Kensington.
Candidates should be good all-rounders with three or four years of UK experience post RIBA Part 2, sound construction and building regulations knowledge and be comfortable liaising with clients and project teams. You should have proven job running experience and be able to lead a £2.5M project during Stages 3-6.
- assisting with the efficient delivery of the architectural services identified in the project brief, to the agreed deadlines
- working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- engaging with clients, consultants and contractor teams
- developing project briefs in conjunction with the client
- writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- applying for planning permission and advice from building control and other legislative bodies
- preparing technical design and specification information for construction
- visiting site and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- integrating sustainable design and ethos into existing and new projects
- delivering the highest quality of drawn and written output at all times
Skills and experience:
- at least two years’ experience in UK post-Part 2
- proficiency AutoCAD essential experience working in ArchiCAD as advantage
- previous experience working on Grade II Listed buildings and/or heritage assets
- design-focused with passion for detailing and materiality
- sound technical grounding with experience working to building codes and practice standards
- previous experience in maintaining and building relationship with clients
- leadership skills as well as the ability to work well in a team and direct junior staff
- experience liaising with contractors and the contract administration processes
- excellent presentation skills, both verbally, written and drawing
- a proactive and enthusiastic personality with strong interpersonal skills well organised
- strong and engaged team player
- eligible to work in the UK
This is a superb opportunity to join a lively and creative practice with excellent opportunities for career development.