Our client is a small, long-established practice based in Buckinghamshire who work predominantly on private residential projects with construction budgets ranging from £500K up to £3m.
They are actively seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant with experience to join their team. They can offer exposure to projects throughout all RIBA stages, with the support of a team of hands-on senior architects and experienced technologists. This will provide great experience for someone looking to gain their Part 3 qualification.
This role involves preparing designs and drawings from RIBA Stages 2 to 4, including concept design and 3D modelling, preparing planning drawings and design and access statements, building regulations and CDM drawings, specifications, working collaboratively with senior staff on developing technical drawings and details.
For some projects, you will be required to liaise directly with clients, consultants and contractors; on others, you will work collaboratively in an in-house team.
Role and responsibilities:
- working on numerous projects from inception to completion
- preparing designs and submission for planning approval
- assist in preparing detailed designs, working drawings and specifications
- knowledge of the latest Building Regulations.
Required skills and experience:
- Part 2 with a minimum of two years’ of UK work experience
- good working knowledge of AutoCAD/SketchUp/Adobe suite
- experience of working on contemporary buildings
- understanding of working according to RIBA stages
- understanding of construction is desirable