Our client is a multi-award winning studio that is especially well known for their high-end hospitality and residential schemes. They are now seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join their office in London.
Candidates will need to be ambitious and talented senior designers with 6-10 years of experience to join their residential team. The task includes activities ranging from finding mood images for a particular design direction to establishing information about the specific site.
Developing the design concept as well as the design details, this person will manage the day-to-day delivery of their projects. The senior designer will be assisted by the mid-weight designers and junior designers and will be working closely with the associates regarding the management of the design concept development and design information production. The senior designer will report to the design director, creative director and associates (design management team).
The senior designer will be very experienced with all aspects of design and design project management from large-scale hotels and residential developments to high-end restaurants. Since the position includes communication with client representatives and other project team consultants, a high level of verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- developing the creative vision for the studio’s projects alongside the design management team
- lead design research for projects in general and concept development in particular. The task includes activities ranging from finding mood images for a particular design direction to establishing information about the specific site
- leading the establishment of the materiality for the studio’s projects. Develop the details of the design through material research and to ensure samples are available for review
- researching and engaging new suppliers and manufacturers, keeping the team updated with any new materials, lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware products
- understanding the studio's stylistic design standards to ensure they are adhered to during design concept and design development, as well as overall FF&E project costs
- developing the projects from concept through to completion
Six to ten years’ of experience in either hospitality or residential design and be very experienced with running jobs; either large scale residential, hotels or restaurants.