Our client based in South West London is a medium-size practice looking for a client-facing project-running Architect with experience of running projects during the delivery stages. The successful candidate will have wide ranging technical knowledge, excellent communication skills and site experience. In particular, experience steel frame industrial / storage buildings would be an advantage. You will be involved with the project delivery stages including tender, design for construction, third party design coordination, specification writing, site inspection, quality report writing and hand-over services upon completion. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants the challenge and satisfaction of being responsible for the delivery of a new building within a supportive team environment. This is a client-facing role where your communication skills will constantly be put to use. The goal is to deliver a first class service to their contractor clients and to their commissioning clients to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing buildings on programme and budget. It is essential that the successful candidate is a self-starter, capable of working independently.
Candidates need to live within a sensible commute to the office, which has parking and good transportation links.
- Leading the post-planning stages of construction documentation production and operations on site
- Acting as the Building Regs Principal Designer on projects where you are design lead
- Chairing project team meetings and prepare reports on behalf of the practice
- Liaising with third parties including the client, contractor, consultants and design sub-contractor on behalf of the practice
- Inspecting projects during construction
Skills and Experience
- ARB qualified architect or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant UK post-qualification experience
- Proficient AutoCAD or Revit user, Revit preferred
- Working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and construction standards
- CSCS accreditation or equivalent Health & Safety qualification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills