Our client is a workplace design specialist in Southwark who are actively looking for an Architectural Technician to start as soon as possible.
Candidates will need the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a CAD Technician/Technical Designer within the retail and commercial workplace sectors.
- Experience in Design & Build as well as Design Consultancy a bonus.
- Minimum 5 years’ minimum work experience in commercial workplace and retail interiors.
- Strong AutoCAD Lt essential .
- Sketchup Pro
- Vectorworks (not essential)
- Adobe Photoshop, In-design.
- On-site experience essential
Duties will include:
- Supporting the Creative Design Team
- Working alongside and taking instruction from the Technical Design Lead.
- Supporting the Construction team which will include contracts director and site managers.
- Producing Full Construction Drawing & Specification Packages
- Producing Full Joinery Drawings & Specification Packages
- Carry out survey work on site and producing record drawing information.
- As Built Drawings for completed projects.
- Risk Assessments for pre-construction
- Some European travel to major cities to survey sites for roll-out projects
- Clients will include some of the World's leading brands
- Communications with Statutory Authorities, suppliers, subcontractors. Site Managers, fabricators.